Saturday, January 27, 2007

Red 180 Proof Rum...And a fair lady...

I dunno...I feel like I'm spinning my wheels waiting for Griss to get back from New England...

It was nice to see A Martinez again...(I've had a huge crush ever since The Cowboys...mwrar)...

Wasn't in love with the idea of Cath and Brass helping the new guy deceive the team and thought it a bit out there that it actually worked for awhile, but I did like watching them create the fake crime scene and evidence...

I like Nicky's thicker face and build...And he's very cute when pissed off...

Nice to see a bit of Warrick...I've missed his leisurely strides through the lab...

Hodges, you're a genius!...Reprint button, indeed...LOL

I doubt Griss will be amused, however...

Hmmm...The Gift...

I suppose I should comment, but really...What is there to say?...

The chrysalis was certainly quite a Grissom-like gift to send...And it's dorky sweetness wasn't lost on me one bit, but...Why do I get the feeling it was lost on Sara?...

It shouldn't come as any great surprise that Griss' romantic gestures would be as cryptic and obscure as the rest of his personality traits have proven over the years...

Somehow though, Sara seems disappointed...

I can't imagine why...

I'm suddenly reminded of My Fair Lady...

When Eliza launches into a diatribe about Henry Higgins' supposed ill treatment of her, he replies succinctly, "The question is not whether I've treated you badly but whether you've ever seen me treat anyone else better."...

And when questioned by Henry's mother, Eliza explains, "You see, Mrs. Higgins, apart from the things one can pick up, the difference between a lady and a flower girl is not how she behaves, but how she is treated...I shall always be a common flower girl to Professor Higgins, because he always treats me like a common flower girl, and always will...But I know that I shall always be a lady to Colonel Pickering, because he always treats me like a lady, and always will."...

Therein, I believe, lies the rub-a-dub-dub...

Griss' Higgins-esque misanthropy will always be point-counterpoint to what Sara feels, rightly or wrongly, she is entitled to in a relationship...

Sara!...Wake up, girl!...Griss is being all he can be!...Stop acting as if you've only just noticed!!!...

And for crying out loud, Griss...Reconsider growing accustomed to her face before you find your slippers being hied at your head in a fit of rage by a most ungrateful wicked girl who makes the angels weep...

After all, even Eliza realized, "There can't be any feeling between the likes of me and the likes of you."..

Sara, have a chocolate...You might marry, you know...All men are not confirmed old bachelors like Griss...Most men are the marrying sort, poor devils...And you're not bad-looking...You're really quite a pleasure to look at sometimes...Not when you make that pussface, of course...Then you look like the very devil...But when you're all right and quite yourself, you're what one might call...attractive...

Griss, if you want some advice...You've won the bet...You have nothing further to prove...Give her seven and six to start a flower shop and have a glass of port in front of the fireplace with Brass before all hope of retaining your dignity is lost...

Ta,
ABS;)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It bothers me to see what an ugly person you are.

Anonymous said...

Hey IBS/ABS. lol.

I disagree on some points, but that's hardly a surprise.

I don't think it's that Sara didn't get it. Her smile when she opened the package suggested that she understood its meaning. I think that once there was no note, it was more about Grissom not getting it.

She wants communication - to be included.

Then she looks at the gift and wonders if it's just a way of winning her back, and then - meaning or no - it's tainted, in her mind.

- SarahVMA

AnybodyButSara said...

Anonymous,
Sorry you're bothered, but this isn't even my best work...

Thanx for playing...
*******

SarahVMA,
As usual, it's always about what Sara wants...

She got the guy she oh so wanted...

He's the same as he ever was...Now she's disappointed...

Oh well...

If she doesn't like the version she got, then perhaps she should've thought about that before 'getting him"...

Forgive me if I don't empathize with Sara...She got exactly what she struggled beyond reason to get...

Quote from Jorja Fox: "We get what we settle for..."

ABS;)

Lane said...

I understand that point of view, ABS/IBS, but I didn't see it as Sara being disappointed with who Grissom was.

The fact that he was writing a letter to her in the next episode says that expecting one from him wasn't out of the question.

And I dont' believe she's acted at all this season like she's gloating after having won her "prize". If anything, Grissom seems to be the one making a bigger fuss out of the relationship.

AnybodyButSara said...

Looks as if this may all be a moot point if Jorja Fox doesn't get signed to Season 8...

ABS;)