Saturday, January 20, 2007

Sweet Keppler...

I miss Griss...

I miss his quotes and lopsided smirk and the way he peers over his glasses...

I miss the sexybowleggedness silhouetted in the swirling twilight mist of a fresh crime scene...

I miss feeling safe just knowing he's somewhere in the lab, even when he's not onscreen......

I miss him appearing in a doorway without warning...

I miss him...

[Le sigh]

Enter Keppler...Liev Schrieber has always struck me as very creepy...In a similar way to Gary Sinise or Donald Sutherland...

There are certain actors who, even when they're smiling and playing a supposed "good guy", my antenae are always twitching for signs of mischief in the air...I'm not so easily lulled into believing they aren't up to something dastardly...

Liev Scrieber is that sort of actor...I always suspect him, even when he's innocent...

I enjoyed watching him in his first appearance out of the dark, ambling towards Catherine at the first crime scene...Truth be told, a chill ran up my spine and I was worried for her safety although there were plenty of cops around, including Brass...

Seems the two Jersey boys are gonna bond...Ew...I wanted to shake Jim...(Amoung other things...Is it just me or does Jim strike you as the kinda guy who wears yummy aftershave?...mwrar...But I digress...Ahem...)

I think even Cath senses that Keppler's got a whole lot more going on behind that shy grin than meets the eye.. (WTF is Frank and why does he keep leaving messages???...)

Ned Beaty, on the other hand, is a sweet rolypoly type who I always feel comfortable is the good guy...I mean, after Deliverance how could I ever suspect him of anything sinister?...

It is this exact uneasiness that reeled me in from start to finish...

The creepy "La La" song added substantially to the hairs raised along my neck...

But I still miss Griss...

And I don't feel safe in Las Vegs without him somewhere vaguely in the background to protect me...to protect us all...

There are miniature crime scenes to be dealt with and mysterious new guys and...and...Something very creepy is going on in Nevada and it's got me edgy and unsettled...

Come home soon, Grissom...We need you,
ABS;)

No comments: