Thursday, November 30, 2006

Are they gonna kill off Sara?...

Well, over the past coupla days, there has been quite a bit going on in the CSI fandom regarding a rumour of TPTB possibly killing off Sara...Letters are being written to try to prevent this even as I type...

I won't make fun of them...Although it is certainly tempting...But they want to try to save a character they like...Understandable...

Although, if I were on the CSI:LV staff, after the last spoiler brouhaha, and after it was made clear on certain CSI message boards that it wouldn't be prudent to post certain spoilers because of how much sh*t hit the fan, I would see getting a whole slew of pro-GSR letters as a huge heads-up that there has been yet another leak...

Frankly, I'd be furious to think that, yet again, someone has allowed sensitive info to find it's way out of the inner circle...Personally, I'd start sanctioning folks...And if the leaks continued, I'd start firing folks...

That may sound harsh, but CSI is a business...A business that makes it's money through advertising dollars...And advertisers spend money because they reach the audience they feel will spend money with them...If a smaller, but more vocal group starts making waves, advertisers will be put off...If advertisers get unsettled, they've been known to pull ads...It's a matter of keeping advertisers happy more than anything else...

So, writing a slew of letters to save a character you like may be a good idea in other circumstances...When it happens naturally...But an artificially arranged letter writing campaign on the heels of a breach of security, very well might make things worse...

But, as I've said before and will likely say many times in the future...TIME WILL TELL...

Oh, BTW, a reader commented regarding my "use of language" when pulling the card of the writer who chose to incorporate statutory rape between Griss (written as a 31 yr old) and Sara (written as 17 and unable to consent to sex legally wherever the fic is set, which is why Griss moves out until her 18th birthday as response to that revelation)...

I self-censure profanity...Call me oldfashioned, but it's a way of expressing myself AND showing respect to my readers...If this were a professional blog, instead of a personal blog, I wouldn't use even censured profanity...To any readers who might be offended (and there's only been you), I figure you already know that my self-censure here is a sign of respect for you...

If anyone else is offended who aren't the readers this blog considers it's audience...Oh, well...I'm not looking to please you anyway...Read or don't...

ABS;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Right, like you didn't post the JF spoiler because you want anti-Sara people to write in or anything. Try and be a little less predictable next time.

AnybodyButSara said...

I deliberately waited until the information about the upset in GSRdom had been posted several other places BEFORE posting about it here...So there would be no drama about "spoiler stealing"...Although, my stance is in a previous post here regarding spoilers and whether they are stolen property to begin with...

Actually, since I don't track how many people are reading what's written here and only write it for my own amusement, whether ANYONE writes in to TPTB or doesn't write in is of no concern to me...

However, I do have a shipment of life rafts and life vests on order from Cabela's...You know...Just in case...After all, it is Winter here in New York and you never know when a glacier might pop up out of the cool still water...

Have a nice day and thank you for your input,
ABS;)