Friday, November 10, 2006

Pre Mortem...and a teensy CSIMiami bit...

First, let me say I really liked this episode...

The parts with Greg in the courtroom were especially painful to watch...Killing someone to defend another's life is a difficult turn of events by any standards...There is no "win"...Everyone loses to a certain degree...

The juror guy bound and determined to be an a$$ made my skin crawl...The mother and son of the dead young man were moving and quite in denial about his activities...The judge was a supreme politician bent on re-election...And our Greglet held his own in the face of seemingly unsurmountable odds...

Brass, Doc Robbins, Sophia, Cath, Nick Warrick, Hodges and even Archie all made decent length appearances in this "All Hands On Deck" episode, but it's beginning to get a bit crowded on the CSI front these days...

Now, I'm pretty blind to GSR, and although Griss & Sara spent a fair amount of time onscreen, I wasn't overwhelmed...They did thier job, which is as it should be...And barely a smartassed remark from the "veggie gallery" this week...Awww...

The icky MCSK (Mini Crime Scene Killer) left yet another diorama, but it was "adjusted" to the actual murder...That creepy baby doll's face has me wondering if TPTB are foreshadowing a baby's death...More specifically, I keep thinking that since this will most likely be WP's last season in a fulltime capacity and since he has stated he'd like JF to leave with him when he goes, could TPTB be setting up a "let Sara find out she's preggers while Griss is away teaching on sabattical, have the MCSK go after her and she lose the baby" scenario?...It would certainly provide enough of a catalyst for Griss to leave the job he has loved for so long...(And WP & MrsP can go back to Chi-town and make lotsa lovely lil Petersen babies in the windy city)...

Personally, I like this "MCSK goes after Sara" scenario, and it seems inevitable...But I also don't like it...

I like it because it will be an incredible acting arc for WP...I don't like it because "baby scenarios" are common as a show jumps the shark, WP's leaving just might inadvertantly cause a shark jump...Plus, it makes Sara the queen of all things angsty...Enough with the angst for this damned victim of a character...Geez...What is she, Penelope PittStop?...It's CSI (or "The Grissom Show"), not "The Perils of Sara"...

I doubt TPTB would probably never ever do it, but I wish they'd simply kill Sara off...Preferably offscreen...Nothing "splashy", simply a murder tied to the MCSK and Griss' guilt at having been away when it happened causes him to spiral into grief and he leave to pull himself together...That would leave him a possibility to return to the show at a later date...Nothing personal in regards to JF...She's young and will get another job elsewhere...Besides, she's been wanting to spend time with her theatre group anyway...

I realize that there are many who would hate this and who love watching Sara!Angst because they put themselves in her place so they live vicariously through her, but seriously, enough...I lost my patience some time ago for Sara always managing to be "tied to the railroad tracks" and I have zero desire to see Griss rescue her yet again on any level...Being with him should be "rescue" enough...Considering everything he's already gone through and everything he stands to lose by being with her, she should be grateful...and walk 20 paces behind him...eyes down...palms up...Period...

And no, it's not the same for Cath!Drama...Why?...Cuz it's not...Get over it...

I do think this entire MCSK plotline has the potential to be quite good...I certainly hope it is...I'll be watching and hoping against all hope...

Is it just me or do TPTB at CSI/CBS have a penchant for annoying brunettes???...

I was watching a CSI:Miami rerun last night and egads, Kim Delaney (remember "Jenny" of "Greg & Jenny" from waaay back when on General Hospital?...Before she died and Demi Moore showed up as "Jackie"?...Yeah, I'm old as Heck...) plays a muy annoying charry...I had to squint really hard at the screen to see that it wasn't Sara vacationing in the city of sunshine...WTF???...

I remain,
ABS;)

No comments: