Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Phew...Finally...The Sara list...and fics...

Peace and quiet...

On the drive this morning, I was remembering a few PMs I got yesterday...They got me thinking...(Yeah, I know...Dangerous...LOL)...

Now, I'm not talking about the psycho ones (surprisingly few, actually...Thankfully, psychos stayed away from this one...)....No, I'm talking about the gracious, intelligent CSI fans who just so happen to also like Sara...I'm not talking about giddy idiots...I'm not talking about the rabid Sara fans...

I'm talking about people who wrote me and seem strong and confident and mature, yet they like Sara...Now, common sense tells me that if these several people I have respect and admiration for like this character, mebbe there might be something I'm missing...Or at least I'd be interested in figuring out what it is about her that allows them to see her differently than I do...

Many of you are wondering why I even care...I find it interesting to understand others' feelings, motivations, interests...I dunno why...If you simply like what you like and don't like what you don't like and are satisfied without knowing about others, great...This will probably make no sense to you at all...Feel free to stop reading...My feelings won't be hurt at all...

But, if it fascinates you to understand why people are different, feel free to keep reading...I'm hoping it'll be interesting...

If you're a rabid Sara fan, chances are you either aren't reading this or, if you are, this part is likely to piss you off...You have been given fair warning...

OK, Miss Sara Sidle...Let's see if we can dissect a bit of why the CSI fans that do like her...well...do...LOL

I'm going to list various reasons I've seen and in parentheses will be my take on that reason...

1. She's smart. (Yup. She went to Harvard. I'm guessing you have to be smart for that. + )

2. She's pretty. (Jorja Fox is a former model. You simply can't be an ugmo and be a model. But is Sara pretty? I think they deliberately make JF look frumpy to play Sara. - )

3. She's sexy. (JF may be sexy, but is Sara sexy? Fumpy and sexy? Hmmm...OK, let's say that every being is sexy to someone somewhere, regardless of another's personal preference. + )

4. She's in love. (I'll grant you that's what the writer's have written. + )

5. She's had a lousy backstory/has been through a lot. (So has Cath. - )

6. She's socially awkward. (So is Griss. - )

7. She's a vegetarian. (Hmmm...I'll give in on this, but if she weren't, I'd give in, too. + )

8. She likes animals. (Yeah, I saw her bury the gorilla. + )

9. She's a brilliant CSI. (Brilliant? She does her job adequately, but brilliant? + )

10. She's spunky. (Ummm... - )

11. She has long shapely legs. (YUP. + )

Let's see what the score is so far...7 Positives and 4 Negatives...Hmmm...

Now here are few of my own for the list...

11. She smirks. (JF has a cute lil smirk, as Sara it's annoying to me. Dunno why. - )

12. She's judgemental. (How many times has she judged? Lots. - )

13. She walks like a lumberjack. (JF was a model. As Sara, she sorta lumbers. - )

14. She has an uneven backstory. (Not JF's fault. TPTB? Pick a plotline and fullfill it, please. - )

15. She has limited boundaries. (No means no, no? - )

16. She has limp hair. (Looks too severe for her face. - )

17. She wears uncomplimentary makeup. (Seriously. - )

18. She has a diastema. (So do I. Mine is smaller, but still. + )

19. She has nice hands. (Very delicate. + )

20. She has no friends or social life. (Hmmm...Sad, but true. - )

21. She is long and lithe. (It means she is thin. Nice figure. + )

We're at 8 Negatives and 3 Positives for my list...

Now, is the list inaccurate?...I attempted to be accurate, but was it?...

Is it unfair?...I attempted to be fair, but was I?...

If the list is accurate and fair...Am I still missing some essential ingredient to liking Sara?...I think so...Mebbe something I haven't figured out yet...I'll keep trying...

In the meantime, several writers that I enjoy asked me how I could read thier GSR fics and say I like the fics, but not Sara...I thought about that and I said I think it's because the Sara they write isn't the Sara that I see on the show...

I'm not sure if explaining will make sense, but I think that the writers I enjoy like Sara...OK, so they write her in a fic, but the stuff that makes me not like her is NOT in the stuff they write, so I can relax and enjoy...

Now, the writers just write from thier heart and they may THINK they write her like Sara from the show...I'm not sure they even notice this difference in her, but trust me, it's different in a very good way for me...Make sense?...Mebbe not, but it makes it possible for me to enjoy the fics I like...

I'll revisit this list later...Gotta run a few errands...

Just a thought,
ABS;)

P. S. BTW, it escapes me who might have mentioned it to me, but...Isn't it generally considered bad 'Netiquette to copy/paste/post the contents of one website onto another's website/forum without first obtaining permission?...I'm pretty sure I heard that somewhere...I could be wrong...Surely, it's not possible that anyone would say it was rude, then do that very same thing...At any rate, copy/paste/post (and don't forget to mock) away with my full consent...I'll feel a bit flattered, albeit in a twisted way, that you felt the need to bother...LOL

No comments: