Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Free Turkey Day...Gobble Gobble...

I just got back from Thanksgiving shopping...

What was I thinking going this late???...Well, I did get a few things the other day, but the majority of stuff just now...

I'm was a lil disappointed at first, though...

Our grocery store gives out a free turkey if you buy $125 worth of stuff...I bought just about $500 worth ($497), but the manager said in order to get free turkeys for each $125 they would've had to ring up $125, then $125, then $125, then $125...Something about needing seperate receipts...It's a new policy they weren't doing until this year...Argh...

Now, I already have a HUGE turkey for my family...That's not what disappointed me...

I always buy a crapload of groceries around this time of year to re-fill the big standing freezer and qualify for several free turkeys...Then we give them away...You know, like to families down on thier luck or whatever...It makes me feel good and my kids look forward to doing it, too...

Sooo, back into the store we went to spend another $125 on just turkeys (I got looked at real funny for just buying a bunch of turkeys with nothing else)...And I qualified for the free turkey!...So, for $132 total, I got 6 turkeys and 1 (7 total) FREE!!!...

Yay!...Now, I'm happy...

Happy Thanksgiving!
ABS;)

No comments: