Monday, November 20, 2006

Aye Yi Yi...

Well...No matter...

I own this site...I don't like Sara...To hear some tell it, I'm out clubbing baby seals under a huge banner that's written in puppy/kitten blood that spells out "I HATE SARA!!!...

Sheesh...

Is it any wonder CSI fandom is so divided?...

I get accused of being a liar because I didn't register for a well known GSR site as "ABS"...Nevermind that at the time I registered, I didn't own the domain, AnybodyButSara.com...

In lieu of any really witty criticism, my deliberate overuse of both parentheses and ellipses make for ripsnorting giggles...Oh, yeah...And I supposedly think I'm "smarter/better than people who like GSR"...

My blog posts are re-posted to show how "mean" I supposedly am, but not finding post after post of "Sara SUX", what is decided is anyone's guess...

Frankly, it's all too silly...

Many want to know why I read GSR fics...Sorta reminds me of a lesbian who, when asked by a man "How can you like having sex with women???"...She replied "Don't YOU like having sex with women?"...

I read LOTS of things...I enjoy LOTS of writers...If YOU enjoy it, why would you assume others wouldn't?...

I get accused of updating this site...YUP, I update...And?...

You know, I'm beginning to think that the real issue isn't what site I own, or what fics I read or what colour underwear I wear...The real issue is, that the more annoyed I get at rabid Sara fans, the less I like Sara...And the less I like Sara, they more annoyed folks get...

Now, you can certainly pretend that I haven't be clear, but I have...NUMEROUS TIMES...(Now I know how Griss felt...Numerous times...)

Somebody please tell me why on Earth my not liking a fictional character has such created a chasm in the Universe of all encompassing proportions?...If YOU like her, GREAT...ENJOY...My not liking Sara shouldn't affect YOUR enjoyment...That's so silly...

You like Sara and don't want to debate about it with anyone?...FINE...

You like Sara and aren't interested in any other opinion of her character?...FINE...

You like Sara and aren't interested in connecting on any other subjects?...FINE...

But please, don't confuse liking a fictional character with feeding the poor or curing Cancer...In the grander scheme of things, it's merely a TV show...There are wars being fought all over the world, children who are abused or go to bed hungry, people without clean water or decent housing...THEY may or may not like Sara either...So?...

Do you find yourself fighting just as hard and baring your teeth and brandishing your nails over those issues?...Or just over a fictional character on TV?...

Let's not pretend that liking Sara is a litmus test for a human being's worth or lack thereof...In 100 years, no one will give a flying f*@k about CSI or Sara (although the bowleggedsexiness will live on forever, but I digress)...No hungry bellies will be filled, no diseases cured, no wars ceased in the name of Sara...NONE...

If that's not "Canon", it should be...

ABS;)

No comments: